Saturday, October 27, 2012

Great Accomplishments: cooking 3 meals at once!

I feel very proud of my recent accomplishment of cooking 3 meals at once.. for dinner, lunch the next day, and lunch after mass.  Both my husband and I volunteer at church on Sunday mornings so there's not time to cooking..unless we want to eat out with a nap-deprived toddler.  Having something to heat up at home simplifies things a bit and saves money!  Saturdays are also the only days when we can really hang out together.. again..  no eating out because of a nap-deprived toddler.  We have tried.. and faced public humiliation with our angry cranky person almost each and every time!

Without further ado, this is what I made! - 2 quick stir-fries (going at the same time) with steamed rice as an accompaniment for Friday dinner, and while we ate dinner,  I heated up a braised stew (taktoritang`1)  that could be eaten with rice or noodles (which take 3 minutes to boil) - I had already cooked up 4-5 meals of vegetables the previous day to go along with the stew.  

Home-Style Tofu reminds me of my mother-in-law's home-cookin'!  Its very mild, stir-fried in a brown sauce, and extremely easy to make.  I used regular-firm tofu, some rehydrated shitake mushrooms (I have also used regular white mushrooms from the American grocery stores), omitted the shrimp.
Had it along with some silk squash (my new favorite veg)

Mise en place!



The results after very little time:



I literally threw all the ingredients in this pot.. including a frozen slab of meat.. and left it to cook.  It gets better the longer it simmers.
(this is the same as the red hot pot of fire I posted previously...without the hot pepper powder.)





No comments:

Post a Comment